Who else is selling Poppies?

We had our Legion Auxiliary meeting tonight & got our Memorial Day Poppies. It's hard to find time with a 3 year old to go out and get donations, but it's for a great cause so I better get motivated. Anybody else ready to sell? Semper Fi!

RugersMommy06

Asked by RugersMommy06 at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I buy those every year and proudly display them wherever I can. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am not selling poppies but I will reply " Semper Fi " I had eight years in.
    chedhead

Answer by chedhead at 11:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I have never heard of this...

Can you set up at a local park this weekend? With it being Mother's Day, I'm guessing a park with playgrounds would be busy with families who would love Poppies for Mom. (And if you bring hubby, he can keep the three year old busy on the swings, too!)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The local Legions here sell them closer to Remembrance Day (Nov 11). They usually go on sale mid Oct. I don't sell them, but I do always support the Poppy Drives, it's also a great conversation starter with my kids about war, soldiers and the sacrifices they have and are making.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• That's neat! We always sell in May. There are even mandated dates that are allowed. There's a big to-do around here, with Poppies-cemetery visits-big parade and dinner at the American Legion. The only bad part is, we live in a very rural community so you're trying to find people or people that haven't been asked to donate by members of another Post that's a few miles away. You can only sell in your area. As far as my husband selling, I don't think he would. He does the parade & 1 cemetery. It's still hard for him to do the "war stories" thing, even with older vets. Thanks to all those who buy Poppies to support Veterans.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:38 AM on May. 5, 2009