moms of twins...

Did you have more morning sickness with them then with your other children???Im still in my first trimester and am having alot and seems like all day most of the time...twins run in my family and it was suggested that maybe this was why....TIA

First_timer09

Asked by First_timer09 at 11:43 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• O.K. the whole "runs in the family " is only for fraternal twins and it only happens if they run through your mother's line. If your mother was a twin or has twin siblings, if your grandmother has or was a twin, etc. Not relatives by marriage.  That is because fraternal twins are caused by the female tendency to ovulate or release 2 eggs rather than one.  That is what make fraternal twins.    Identical twins are formed from one egg and one sperm. 

In either case, there is more hormone and therefor a tendancey to have more pregnancy symptoms or issues.  This includes morning sickness, fatigue, tender breasts, all those lovely things we hate about pregnancy. 

I have identical girls, I also have a single for my first.  All my symptoms were worse. 

When you have an ultrasound they should be able to tell

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• IT CHANGED FOR ME WITH THE SICKNESS IT WOULD COME AND GO..ONE WEEK ALL I DID WAS GET SICK AND ANOTHER I JUST HAD ALOT OF HEARTBURN..INVEST IN TUMS...I ATE ALOT OF THEM..LOL..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2009

• wow thanks I was wondering this for myself now i am really thinking i am having twins,,,,,i will found out on thursday though,,,,,,ultrasound and blood work time on thursday,,,,,,.......: ) i better perpare myself for the news LOL.......
    kelpresmommy

Answer by kelpresmommy at 1:58 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Honestly, I didn't really have any morning sickness when I was carrying the twins. I did have tons of fatigue and heartburn through part of it. Only got sick once.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:36 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i am 23 weeks pregnant with twin girls and i think i was less sick this time then i was with my singleton girl. thought i did learn with my first how to control the sickness and not throw up and dont get me wrong i was nausea all the time until about weeks 15. but i would start breathing like i was in labor and put a sweet tart in my mouth to take away that nasty bitter/sour taste of you are about to puck. it works for me. and eat small meals through out the day and no big meal.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:22 AM on May. 5, 2009