activity after giving birth

i spent 6 weeks on complete bedrest, and then had my baby 3 weeks early. i had a fairly short labor and a small tear that required few stitches. imy baby is 2 weeks old and i cant just sit around and rest while she sleeps. when i sit and do nothing it makes me depressed, and tired. i have begun doing laundry and vacuming and some other light house work. my hub does all the shopping and lifting heavy things, but everyone says i should stay off my feet for a few weeks. what are some opinions? i stop if i feel tired, but i dont want to hurt myself....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id take it easy for a few weeks..but if you feel comfortable and it doesnt hurt it should be ok to have a little fun
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree with pp. With my dd I was up and cleaning the day i got home from the hospital. Your body will tell you when to stop. Let your husband pamper you and take it easy!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:39 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Do whatever you feel like your body can handle. If it hurts, stop doing it. But I don't see why you shouldn't be able to resume normal activities (unless you are under doctor's orders not to do so).
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:09 AM on May. 5, 2009