How did you feel when smoking was banned from most bars and restaurants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• At the time I was annoyed because I was a smoker. I quit 3 years ago and now I am happy they did. I would be pissed if I took my son to a restaurant and someone smoked around him. Just because the smoking area is across the room doesn't mean the smoke isn't coming my way! Is it really that much of an inconvenience to people to be courteous of other people's health? If someone doesn't care about their own health than fine, just leave mine out of it!
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 12:02 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i think it was a good idea :]
    Anonymous

• It makes me feel like I can actually go out!
    Anonymous

• As someone who doesn't like to smell smoke in restaurants (I don't frequent bars), I had mixed feelings, actually.

First, it was nice to have the clear air.
    But, I didn't like the restriction on personal freedom. I know, "Your freedom stops where my nose begins"....yada, yada...

Where will this kind of thing stop? Will I not be allowed to wear perfume because it offends someone?

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i smoke, but i agreed with it. i think its nasty to eat and smoke anyway lol.. and it also grosses me out to smoke in a building..
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:01 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I agree with you Timelessglass. What can be next ?
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:02 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Praise the LORD!

I was wholly happy about the switch to no smoking in public places.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:09 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Freakin happy...I was so sick of breathin that crap!

**But, I didn't like the restriction on personal freedom**

they can take it outside and be as free as they want...they don't need to subject people to that.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:15 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I AM A SMOKER AND HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT..BUT NOW YOUR DEALING WITH PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT SMOKING OUTSIDE...I DONT SMOKE AROUND THE ENTERANCES OF BUILDING AND IF I DO SMOKE IN PUBLIC FUNCTIONS I FIND A PLACE AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND THERE KIDS BUT PEOPLE STILL HAVE TO CONTINUE TO COMPLAIN..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 1:04 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I switched to chew to quit smoking and people complained about THAT! never never happy, just continue to cram your krispy kremes and diet cokes down your throat so we can't hear it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2009