I'm scared... body found on fire..

it was a female between 15-25 not even a minute away from me. I'm terrified. Thats all the information that has been released. How do I relax and not be scared. I'm scared it was a murder. I live in a town that the biggest crimes that happen is speeding. This is HUGE. :( I'm terrified.

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 12:12 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• im so sorry!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If that is ALL that has happen "speedin" in your town it is more then likely a murder that is isolated to an inccadant. Girlfriend and BF were fighting. Probably has nothing to do with the town. Keep your doors locked and people away! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• incident*
    Bugsmommy1908

• Setting someone on fire is an act of revenge against a person that was personally known to the attacker.... most likely.

You are probably safe enough. I assume you keep your doors and windows locked at all times, and are aware of your surroundings.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:15 AM on May. 5, 2009

• The thing is we usually don't keep everything locked. the past few weeks I've been because I've just had that feeling I need to start locking.. but its just so scary to think something like this happened here. We have a game reserve (for hunting and fishing) and thats where they found her on fire. And my heart just breaks for the family! But NOONE has been reported missing to my knowledge. How strange is that? Like this is just odd.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I live in a small town too op. So small people leave their car keys in the ignition at night, doors open when nobody's home. Last year a missing woman's body from the city over was found outside of town. Not to scare you, but just because you're town is small doesn't mean strangers don't come knocking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I understand how you feel, whenever something horrible happens way too close to home, I freak out. I think the worst thing that happened too close to me was in the house behind me.It was on Superbowl Sunday 13 years ago a lady killed her 3 small children her husband and then herself. She had a gambling problem and apparently she lost thusands on the game. Instead of telling her husband and then losing her house she opted for snuffing the whole family out. I swear, I never heard a thing. The fact that I slept all night with only 2 backyards separating me from 5 dead bodies haunted me for years.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I am from Vandalia, OH and even though Cpl. Maria Lauterbach was murdered in NC, she is from my town, graduated from my HS and I know her family very well... it rocked our small town even though it happened in NC. Some people are just sick
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 12:31 AM on May. 5, 2009

• yeah anon i usually leave my keys in the ignition.. it was odd to me when I saw/heard of people locking their car at night! So we must live in the same kind of town.

And gigi thats spooky!

Alright ladies I'm going to try to sleep... hopefully. I'll check this in the morning
    Thanks for all the kind answers!!!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I'm from ohio too tashwitz. I googled your town and your almost 3 hours from me though.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:33 AM on May. 5, 2009