• In the Spotlight:

So my period is 2 and a half weeks late and I took 3 tests that came out negative!! Could I be pregnant?

I had a pap done thatcame out normal a few months ago. I dont know what to do! Should I try another test in a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If your period is that late I would see your doctor. He/she will probably run another test and if that is negative will go from there.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:19 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I'm not sure what the pap results have to do with your period being late, but there are many reasons that you could miss a period. Pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, especially if you have taken 3. Are you using FMU (first morning urine) when you test? Early morning is the best time to take the tests because the HCG (if present) will be the most concentrated at that time. I would maybe try one more test, and make sure to follow the directions precisely. If it still comes out negative and you haven't gotten your period, you should see your doctor. Good luck!
    jbveltema

Answer by jbveltema at 10:25 AM on May. 5, 2009