if you have stopped b-feeding can you ever just start back up??

i stopped b-feeding/pumping like 4 months ago but i miss it tons. Can i start back up again??weird question i know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• yea you can. there is a great breastfeeding book called bestfeeding
    it has a whole section dedicated to how to do that.
    it says to just put the child on the boob and have them continue to suck. even if they arent getting milk the whole time. to let them do that. obviously make sur they are eating enough but to have them on your boob often and your supply should start back up
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:21 AM on May. 5, 2009

• absolutely! its not a weird question :) its called relactating! i started the relactating process for my son about 7-8 months after i stopped, but then found out i was pregnant and stopped that. can your baby still latch on? that'd make things easier... you should eat oatmeal, drink tons of water and mother's milk tea (by traditional medicinals), and take enough fenugreek to make your sweat and urine smell like mapel syrup. you also need to pump/nurse every 3-4 hours during the day and every 4-5 hours during the night (depending on how old your baby is). here's a website with great info: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html best of luck! feel free to message me if you have any questions :)

llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:22 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Not a weird question at all!

And yes you can! It's called relactation, and it's easier than you might think.

http://www.alisaikeda.com/Clients_Clips/Relactation/body_relactation.html

Another good resource is The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding published by La Leche League.

You probably won't find a doctor who knows anythng about this, so join La Leche League if you haven't already. They will be tons of help!

PM me if you have any questions or would like to discuss this further :)

GOOD LUCK! :D
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:22 AM on May. 5, 2009

• hmm...i wish i had known that when my son was younger. i had to stop BFing when my son was 6 weeks old for school/work reasons. By the time I was able to do it again (about a month later) I thought it was too late. But I definitely wish I could have kept going.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2009