Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

financial help??

My Fiance' got laid off from work and we are trying to make it work staying at my grandparents... We have a home that is fully furnished and everything (this was were we were staying before he got laid off) but he does not get that much from unemployment especially since they are holding out $75 a week for his other child... (they don't care that we have a 9 month old baby though...) Is there any kind of assistance you can get that will help you pay for your lights and gas by any chance? That is here in Louisiana? Does anybody know?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • Hi,Iam very sorry you have to go through these things.I want to suggest to you to go to the social services office or if they have a salvation arny there sometimes they help with stuff like that.I hope you get help soon and maybe this might help you.God Bless and have a Happy Mothers Day!

    Answer by Mandy1974 at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2009

  • Apply for TANF its temporary assistance for needy families.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 5, 2009

  • TANF and there should be an energy assistance program too...

    Answer by Momm2Princess at 9:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.