breastfeeding is a sin?

my SIL is a very religious Christian woman. but when i had my first child and decided to breastfeed she told me that ws a sin. that boobs were made to please man and not feed children.

i know she is wrong but what could possible make her say that? she even told her then 4 year old daughter who walked in on me nursing, that i was going to hell for it!!!

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:23 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• LMFAO thats funny because its totally opposite.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 5, 2009

• that is the most absurd thing i have ever heard on here, and ive heard a lot of strange things.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:25 AM on May. 5, 2009

• hah.. wow.. i don't know. jesus was breastfed!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I am a Christian and I have NO idea what could make her say that. I have never heard this in all my days. My pastors wife breast fed. Many ladies at my church breast fed. What does she think all the women in Biblical days did. That's ridiculous. She needs to read up on the Bible.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow. What an ignorant, judgemental bitch. That's awful! Probably something about Adam and Eve covering their nudity after they ate the Fruit of Knowledge. But the bible never said that breasts were included in that! And why would God make them make milk if it was a sin to feed it to your baby? That lady's dumb.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• this is not true God would have not made are boobs full of milk if it is a sin.. Also that was they only way women could feed there babys back in there bible days

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Oh no she didn't...thats what God made breast. NOT for our DH pleasure. Just tell her to hush and if she dosen't like it then leave. Shes just jealous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 5, 2009

• That's flippin' hysterical! Soooo... what? Everyone to have children prior to the invention or formula went to hell for feeding their babies?

Well duh! Of course that makes sense! NOW I get it....... :-/

I think maybe her preacher's a perv or something.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:27 AM on May. 5, 2009

• How does she think women in ancient times fed their babies? That is silly
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2009

• what could possible make her say that?

How does her husband land on the controlling and manipulative scale?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2009