Has anyone ever used the spray that keeps cats off furniture?

I've seen it at the pet store. Does it work? I can't keep the cats little claws off the couch and curtains

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pets

• yes i've used it and it works if you spray every other day or so for about a month. also if you catch them doing it, spray them w/a water bottle, cats hate water and it usually does the trick, thats how we got our cat to stop scratching where she wasn't supposed to
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I used it and it worked and retrained my cats. Just remember you have to respray it every day.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i've had many cats and some cats just do whatever they want , but most you can train if you just keep at it. kittens take a while,but usually just clapping really loud and acting like a psycho for a second when you see them even getting close or about to do it. that will freak them out haha. the water thing usually works,but one of my cats just sits there like-"ohh thats for the lovely mist" so they are all different. some you have to just pick them up and put them in a different location. get a fun scratcher they can stand on and scratch and a cat condo. you can put cat nip on the scratchers (kittens dont like it,but once they are about a year they do) okay thats all my ideas.good luck :)
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 12:42 AM on May. 5, 2009