i need help ... slow cooker

i just bought a slow cooker and i need some recipes

babymomma6

Asked by babymomma6 at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Try a pot roast with veggies
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 12:29 AM on May. 5, 2009

• join the group "crock pot moms" they have tons of recipes. i love my slow cooker, i use it all the time! pot roast is one of my faves, and its so easy and makes your house smell delicious! :D
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• any soups or stews you would normally make on the stove can be made in your crock pot, just put it on the lower setting. and i love pot roast in the crock pot, when its been cooking for at least 8 hours the smell is amazing and its soo tender! you just put about a cup of water in the bottom of the pot and add water throughout the day if it starts to go down too much
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• oh and the soup aisle at your grocery store usually has the packets for gravies and stuff like that, you can find packets for crock pot stuff there and it tells you what to do and how much of stuff and things like that for stews, soups, chillis etc..
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:33 AM on May. 5, 2009

• u can get little recipe books in check out isles in grocery stores that have crockpot only recipes. and also the book fix it and forget it is great. its amazing what you can really make in those things!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:20 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I love my crock! Go to the library and look for Fresh from the Vegetarian slow cooker by Robin Robertson. YOu can also contact me directly, and I will be happy to forward recipes to you: Italian lentil stew, veggie Irish stew, lentil sloppy jojos, sweet potato chili, stew with dumplings, minestrone soup, curry with chickpeas and spinach, I have to stop now, I am getting hungry and I promised my family that I would put up a crock of chili.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:43 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Go to the Crock Pot Moms group here on cafemom, there are a ton of great recipes there.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• www.crockpot.com Also see if your library has a copy of The Crockery Cookery. That is a terrific crockpot cookbook.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:09 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My favorite: Crock pot pork roast:

Take 2 or 3 large baking potatoes. Cut them into quarters. Add in some big chunks of carrot. Put it in the bottom of the crock pot, oh and a large onion quartered also. Put a 3-4 lb pork shoulder roast on top of the potatoes and carrots. Pour 2 cups of chicken broth over the top. Sprinkle on one packet of Lipton Onion soup mix. Put the lid on it, cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with rolls.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Love the crock pot Moms! You have got to check this group out! If it is possible to be made in a crockpot, there is a recipe for it over there. Also....you can google whatever is interesting to you as well, for instance.....chicken soup crockpot recipes.

Hope you love it! Crockpot meals can be very healthy, inexpensive, and incredibly easy!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:15 AM on May. 7, 2009