Does anyone know where to find a new Infant car seat cushion???

I recently discovered that my Eva has turned into an Aiden leaving me a PINK car seat.... I cant bear to put my little boy in a pink car seat... does anyone know where to find new ones that are relatively cheap???

WalkerBaby1

Asked by WalkerBaby1 at 12:31 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol!

i would contact the carseat company or the store, and see if they'll exchange it for you :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:33 AM on May. 5, 2009

• or go to the carseat makers website and see if they sell just the cover, but if you haven't used it yet or its still fairly new you might be able to exchange it if you explain the reason, some places might not take it back though b/c of the fact that some people lie and would say they need a new one for such and such reason but its really b/c it was in an accident so check to see if they will exchange first then check out their website
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:36 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Contact the company... they should have some you can buy. For sure don't get anything from a store... they aren't safe.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:20 AM on May. 5, 2009

• You should ONLY use a carseat cover from the manufacturer, designed for your seat specifically. Third-party covers aren't safe, and also void your warranty of your carseat, AND liability of the manufacturer if something were to fail with your seat.
    Sometimes they'll charge you a minimal amount, but I've even known people who got the cover set for free from the company.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:01 AM on May. 5, 2009

• ebay. i bought a john deere cover for my first that jsut fits right over the original cover. theyre are also nice to keep the original padding in nice condition if you would like to sell or reuse, and very easy to clean if you there happens to be an "oopsy". a lot of people make them as a little side job on there! you can get all themes
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Contact the manufacturer. I just recently purchased a new, more "boy friendly" cover for my Graco carseat to replace the very girly pink one that I had. I just contacted Graco customer service with my model and serial numbers and they told me which styles were available. It cost about $50 total. I'm sure any manufacturer should have a similar process.

I do agree with RanaAurora though. You should only purchase car seat covers made SPECIFICALLY for your car seat. True, people make them and sell them on Ebay or Etsy, but it voids your warranty if something were to happen. Not worth the risk IMO.

purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:06 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Thank you guys for all of your help!!! Graco was AMAZING!!! They are sending me my new BOY friendly covers for not only my stroller, but the car seat as well, and I can keep the pink covers incase my next baby is a girl! Thank you guys so much for your help!
    WalkerBaby1

Answer by WalkerBaby1 at 4:41 PM on May. 6, 2009