omg some how i managed to rip off half my middle finger nail without knowing

its bleeding everywhere and hurts extremely bad what should I do?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:32 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• fyi real nails nnot fake
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:33 AM on May. 5, 2009

• just wrap it up til you stop the bleeding, clean it up and put on a bandaid. as for the pain tylenol or motrin may help. the rest of the nail may fall off too if you ripped off that much, i slammed my finger in a car door years ago and 3 days later the whole nail fell off...eww it hurt so bad!!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:38 AM on May. 5, 2009

• OH OWWW. I have done that. Wrap your finger in paper towels or whatever for the bleeding, hold it over your head and pinch (apply pressure). Ice it to help constrict the blood vessels.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:49 AM on May. 5, 2009

• after you wrapit hold above your head to slow bleeding, also avoid aspirin, it will only thin the blood! ouch!! i cant even imagine how much that has to hurt. if u rippit in a certain spot try liquid bandage..might sting tho!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:15 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I know how much pain your in i did the same thing twice to my right had first my middle finger like 7 years ago and then in feb!! my pinky finger. It just grow back it takes forever. but wrap it up and clean it every day like twice and after about 3 or 4 day you can try to leave it out to air out but if something hits it! OMG is it going to hurt like he**
    TPT420

Answer by TPT420 at 12:21 PM on May. 5, 2009