swollen eyeball

my son started rubbing his eye and the white part of his eye is swoll up and now his eye does not open do you think its due to allergy's. hes sleep if it does not go down some in about a hour Im going to take him to the E.R hes 5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• That happens when you rub too much. It's from allergies and it has happened to me. His lid and undereye may still be swollen tomorrow. Dont go to the Er for that. Make an appt with his pediatrician, me may just need an anti-histamine. Tell him next time his eye itches like that to tell you and then do an eye wash to get out whatever is irritating his eye...either pollen, dust etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• ER DEFINETLY
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Don't wake him to take him to the ER. He probably just irritated it. See what it's like in the morning and if it's not down then take him to his doc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 5, 2009

• His eye isn't going to open if he's asleep.
    Anonymous

• he doesnt have to be awake to see if his swelling went down. his eye swell before do to allergy's but I never noticed the white part. that what concerns me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 5, 2009

• What do you mean the white part? Like the actual eye or the eye lid? Your question isn't making much sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on May. 5, 2009

• actual eye. but the lid is also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2009