Any Ideas?

I have missed my period the last two months, I am due to get it again today (the 5th since its after midnight here) and still no period....

I am 100% sure I am not pregnant (no sex makes that simple enough to figure out!). My abdomen has seemed bloated lately and I am so tired that even being awake a few hours drains me of my energy. I feel so bad because I have a super playful 1 yr old and her mommy is flat out exhasted.

I have no change in weight/diet/stress levels and have always been regular -never missed one period- since I was 12 except for my pregnancy with my daughter.

I made and Appt with my OBGYN for tomorrow afternoon but thought I would ask if any of you had this happen to you or know of any possibilities?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• were your periods normal post-partum up until they stopped showing up? did you breastfeed?

there could be some underlying health issues, like cysts or something, but maybe you're more stressed than you realize? a one-year-old can be quite the handful :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:07 AM on May. 5, 2009

• they only thing I can think of is pregnant...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I bled for about 4 weeks after my daughter was born and then had regular periods up until this one. I got very sick after I had her and wasn't able to produce milk so she was formula fed. And she is definately a handful!! lol. I have been much much more stressed out than I am right now and havent ever missed one, its been off a week or two here or there but never completely missed one.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i'm gonna guess (and i'm obviously not an expert!) that you have an ovarian cyst. most of the time they're benign, so if thats what it is, its nothing to worry about. but it could be a number of things, i just wanted to throw one option out there, and tell you to relax :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:13 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Thank you for throwing that out there. Oddly enough when I was pregnant with my daughter and had my first ultrasound at 9 weeks they saw a cyst on one of my ovaries.....wonder if its the same one?? I guess we will find out tomorrow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on May. 5, 2009

• So my appt got rescheduled for Thursday because my OB had a family emergency, stil no period.....
    Anonymous