When Is enough, ENOUGH??

My sister in law is 18 and has been living with me for 3 weeks now... she used to do drugs, and just got out of a rehab program and has no where else to go...Shes dating my best friend...i have to take care of my 2 yr old son, and my 17 year old sister too...Im Due in June, and i am going crazy. She likes to go for walks sporatically throughout the day... and she asks random people for ciggs and my neighborhood is known for all the bad stuff-drugs,alcohol,gangs...etc...and shes befriending everyone who will give her ciggs...she leads the guys on and flirts shamelessly as if she didnt have a bf...she might be prego...and i just checked out her myspace and shes been telling people where we live(that shes never met) and inviting them over, and closest thing to cyber sex you can get without details...i love her, but when do you know enough is enough and how can i approach her on these things?B4 she ends up raped or worse....

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 1:06 AM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I say just tell her straight up. Give her the rundown like you just gave us and tell her you love her but she needs to show respect to you and your family and your home. Tell her no one else is left to put up with her and if she doesn't straigten up she won't have a nice warm bed to stay in any longer. Put the threat out there. She might leave but not for long. She'll come around.
    kmingledorff

Answer by kmingledorff at 1:13 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think its enough your kids are at jepardy here .You have your child and your due you dont need the stress.Tell her to get a job and move out she is an adult .Lay some rules down .Of course be nice about it .You cant protect her your not her mother even thow you love her she has to learn her own mistakes and her mistakes can cause you your and kids safety
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Have your husband handle it

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Id have her brother help... but our divorce will be final soon and he doesnt even want anything to do with her.... ive tried talking to her... and this is the same pattern that shes been following since ive known her... she did really good for the first week out of rehab.... and shes slowly regressing back into her old behaviors...
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 1:20 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Tell her she's endangering your children with her behaviour, and THAT out of everything else is unforgivable. Maybe if she realises her crap is affecting people OTHER than herself, she could straighten up.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 1:25 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If you are divorcing her brother, and he doesn't want anything to do with her, then I think her stay has run its course. I don't mean to be harsh, but maybe she needs people to stop enabling her so that she can grow up and get on with her life. You CANNOT risk your children or your sister for someone that has no respect for you. I mean, your sister is probably seeing this behavior and wondering if she would benefit from it. And your children are so young, they don't need to be around the kind of people she is attracting. I would say that she has a week to straighten up. Stop flirting with everyone, stop giving out your address, stop all of her BS or she is gone.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:59 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I'd say enough is NOW
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:50 PM on May. 5, 2009