My daughter is due for her 6month Rubella Vaccine. The doctor is out of town and I have been told to go to a clinic? Is this really neccesary? Cant I skip it? If she doesnt get the shot by Thursday she can never have it.

rylo

Asked by rylo at 1:07 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• you can delay vaccinations, there is no need to get them "asap"
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:08 AM on May. 5, 2009

• You can get it her next visit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2009

• the nurse said that particular vaccine I have to get. Is she lying to me you think?
    rylo

Answer by rylo at 1:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes she is. You can get it next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on May. 5, 2009

• oh she is totally lying. i don't vaccinate at all, there are not any mandatory vaccines. there are exemptions for every single one
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• thank you so much for your imput. i was really worried about it and now i feel better.
    rylo

Answer by rylo at 1:16 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Are you sure it is the Rubella Vaccine? Most of the time the Rubella vaccine is given in the MMR vaccine and that vaccine is not recommended until the child is between 12-18 months old.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:17 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I suggest waiting to vaccinate until you have researched this thoroughly. We choose to delay until after our daughter's first birthday. One vax per office visit. Single dose, preservative free vaccines. Read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 AM on May. 5, 2009