John and Kate plus 8?

Like a lot of people around the country, I'm absolutely IN LOVE with the show " John and Kate plus 8." I DVR new episodes on Monday nights..well, when they were in season I did, and everytime I'm watching and someone comes up, they always say something like " Can Kate be any more anal?" , " Jeez, Kate's a B****." , or " How does John put up with her attitude and the way she treats him?"

Am I the only one who thinks that she's sane? She is a stay at home mom to 8 children. Who wouldn't act the way she does? I've never seen anything wrong with the way she acts. Especially the episode where her sister in law gave the kids gum, not knowing they weren't allowed to have it. When she found the smashed gum on Collins sock, she flipped. Who wouldn't?

Am I the only one who loves the show and doesn't think she's lost her mind?

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 1:09 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Entertainment

• I think everyone's marriage is different. he obviously fell in love with her for a reason. I think she is the way she is because of the kids. imagine what that house would be like if she wasnt. Im sure most of us know that having a husband is like having another whole kid...he jsut makes bigger messes! yes she can be a little overbearing sometimes but we all have our moments. her are all jsut caught on tape....imagine all the footage they have of her not being like that. this in only half an hr of it a week! and about the affair, whether he did or didnt its their business...and i like to TRY and give them the privacy to work thru it...tho i think the media wont let them! I wouldnt want to have the world talking about it if i was having to deal with it....sorry if this sounded bitchy...i really didnt mean it to be!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:50 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I am watching this right now. When Kate was a nurse, she was probably a great nurse. But as a mom, she is a neurotic perfectionist. I think that she knows it too, so she tries to temper it. I don't think she has lost her mind, but I do think she is trying really hard to keep everyone and everything perfect. She will lose her mind if she keeps it up.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:17 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Ummm didnt you hear, of course its just gossip but Jon cheated on her........I guess he got tired of her over ruling ways!!! She was a control freak and very rude to Jon. She always made him feel as small as a snail and she drove me nutty with her snobbish ways. She deserved it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I like her. She's very real and she handles everything very well. They obviously love each other and she's a great mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Can't. Stand. Her. If I want to see questionable parents and screaming kids I'll watch supernanny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I have 1 child, and 2 others living in my house. They are 10, 4, and 2. I feel like I am going insane, and yes, sometimes I do yell. I'm not proud of it, but I do. I couldn't imagine having THAT MANY TODDLERS.... OMG, shoot me now!!! lol.

No, I think she is totally normal. And as far as being a perfectionist, she needs to be to be able to run the house. I just moved, and it's constantly "I have no clean socks" "I don't know where my ball shirt is, and it's almost time for my game" "Where is my Fred shirt" "I can't find my baby doll. (It's right here) NO, not THAT baby doll, I want my other one" "I want my cuppy".

Like I said, that's with 3 kids. Call it being a perfectionist, or whatever you want... That woman HAS to keep on top of things.
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 1:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I love Kate. I wish I had 1/10 of her organization skills.

Yea, she's not perfect, but she's real. She's a mom trying to do her best. I think she's a hot head and she's rude a lot...but I don't think she's a bad person at all. And have you seen the way Jon acts? Seriously he is just as much work as the other children. I'd be all over my hubs if I had that many children and he was playing rather than helping me.LOL.

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:09 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I hate that show with every fiber in my body..I would rather watch the Duggars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Im not a big fan of the show, but Kate is far from being the only woman who acts like that. Some women would be surprised at what they would see of themselves if they were being video taped on a daily basis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Im sorry...I don't agree. Theres a few reasons...first of all. I understand having 8 kids might make you a bit nuts, but thats not the problem. It doesnt make you talk to your husband like a child and it doesnt make you treat him like a dog. I have a lot of chaos in my home too and my dh and I don't take it out on one another. A marriage that has the spouses treating one another like that is doomed unless they change things. Secondly, when the show first started, Kate was not like that...as much. She had her moments but the newer seasons of it have gotten WORSE. WAY WORSE. I think she does it for tv and thats a bad mix. Also they are supposedly christians. Christians are not perfect at all, but they should be striving to improve those areas of their lives that they need work in and Kate has admitted to being a control freak, but yet it gets worse with every season. I think she had issues from the past that she hasnt dealt with
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:53 AM on May. 5, 2009