how can i find a work at home job?

269wicker

Asked by 269wicker at 2:04 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Do you have a former employer that might be able to provide you with a work-from-home option? Do you have a skill or work experience that you can turn into a home-based business? I have a friend who makes hair accessories and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I do freelance bookkeeping and business administration; I also do career and job search coaching. Feel free ton contact me directly with questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Visit my site and go through the list...

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Check out my home page....I have information on the difference between an at home job and an at home business and it explains where to look for at home jobs...if it is a business you are looking for I can help you....Just pm me~
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 9:19 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I work for a few different companies. I do ChaCha, it's simple and you can work anytime, doesn't pay a whole lot though. I also do a few others, my website is Free Money Online Everything I post is free, no sales!

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• There are some awesome groups on this site if you just search "Work From Home" They have so many people and options waiting to help. Also there is a site call WorkFrom HomeForum that is really good as well. Do your research and find what fits you so you will love what you do then it will grow!! www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:00 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Have you ever thought about becoming a Pure Romance consultant? It allows me to be home with the kids and have "me" time as well. I average between $200-$400 for every party I do and I hold about 3-6 parties a week. If you're interested in empowering women about their bodies while making money, please let me know. tracyhartman@pureromance.com
    hartmancrew05

Answer by hartmancrew05 at 10:04 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• What are you good at? What are you passionate about? What kind of skills do you feel you can offer for a price?

You could do something like data entry, consulting, sell potted plants, floral arraingements, house sitting, pet sitting, run errands, personal assistant on the go, tutoring, make meals for on the go moms.

I own a coaching & consulting business. I run it from my home & make about $100 an hour. Find what you are good at & then go from there. Starting a business does not have to cost money to get you started!
    If you want to work for another company that is established then find one that you can believe in their products & sell like no kidding! Not sure then find one close to it & get a really good mentor in the compnay to walk you through all the ins & outs.

Do not be afraid to ask for help & ideas to grow your business. A REAL business is what YOU put REAL Time, REAL Energy & REAL Commitment into! Be REAL!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 7:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I actually started my own work from home business. I only work maybe 15 hours a week and the hours I choose to work, are scheduled around my kids. I have 4 aged 6 and under so my days are full. That's why I found this great "green" wellness company that I partnered up with, they helped me get started. I got started for less than $30 and it's nice to have my check come in every month. Now I don't make millions but I am contributing so that my husband isn't doing it all. If you are interested, check out my website www.familiesrok.com. If you have 30 minutes to spare, morning, afternoon or evening, we can discuss the details.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 2:01 AM on May. 7, 2009