what do you think of the name

Sohpronia

its a family name and dates back to the 1800s. We would call her Sophie.

I think its really cool. Totally different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I love unique names like that. My daughter's name is Rhapsody :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Unique names are awesome!!!! Just keep in mind that kids get creative and make fun of kids by their names!!! When we picked our kids names my husband was BIG on seeing how a child could make fun of the names we were looking into... kids can be mean but I guess any name could be made fun of once a kid gets a hold of it!!!! The spelling looks a little tough... and honestly I dont know how to pronounce it (then again Im not a super great pronouncer anyway!) but you said that for short you would call her Sophie! I LOVE that name!!!! LOL I tried to pronounce it again, is it spelled right? Cause I looked it up on the web, nothing came up for the spelling you have but I did find that the name Sophronia is a name from 100 years ago... that one is cute!!! Unique is awesome... my name is Amber... VERY COMMON!! In grade school I was Amber St because there were so many ambers with the last initial as an 'S'. Love the name!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Cool name...besides who cares what others think as long as you like it. You would be suprised at the name my husband and I chose for my little boy. My own relatives make fun of it...including my mother.
    Mother_

Answer by Mother_ at 2:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think we are going with a more traditional name this time. My son is helping me with names. He likes Jane, Susan, Susanne, etc. No telling what he wants for a boy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:45 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I like Sophie...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• **OP**

Sophronia. i mixed up the p and h.

Yea, it was my great, great, great grandmothers name. I think its awesome. :) thanks.
    Now I just have to work on my hubby, . .. .lol
    Anonymous