Anyone think the clothing store Once Upon a Child is a rip off?

I had tons of baby clothes that were barley worn and a friend of mine suggested taking them to Once Upon a Child were you can bring in new or gentle worn clothes and get money for them. I figured I get a decent amount of money and buy some clothes of sizes she needs. I brought in 4 trash bags of stuff and they only gave me $30 for it. They took pretty much everything too. I looked around at the store while they were checking out the clothes I brought in. Some of the prices were decent and you can find some good deals if you really search through everything. But then some were ridiculous, like a circo outfit from Target they were trying to sell for $7.50 when you can buy it brand new from Target for $8. They had car seats that said new on the price tag but looked pretty worn to me and were not much cheaper then the store prices. They totally made some money off of me. I should have just donated somewhere.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never heard of that store.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:44 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Once Upon a Child is a MAJOR rip off. Even though the clothes are used, they cost almost as much as new clothes in the stores. I have never donated anything to them, but I have visited the store several times and its always been the same story.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 2:47 AM on May. 5, 2009

• There are other places like that might be better. Like there was a consignment store in a playgroup/mommy center where you could bring stuff and sell it there. But it closed down unfortunately. But I agree it's a rip off. I was going to sell mine to a similar version of Once Upon A Child, but they would only give me store credit.. FORGET THAT lol! I had no interest in their stuff... I'm trying to rid myself f stuff.. not collect more lol.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 3:16 AM on May. 5, 2009

• when you sell clothes to them it is a major ripoff.. i sold themlike 4 paternity outfits in great shape. and got like 9 dollars out of it... i mean i sold it to them because i didnt use it anyway but RIPOFF... however to buy clothes, i will go there you can find some cute stuff for cheap
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• It may just be me but wal mart has a monopoly on really cute but really affordable clothes for kids. I mean they really have some great stuff. JC Penny and Dillards aren't to bad either, even though they're a little more pricey. He'll I'd rather spend the extra $.50 at wal mart for a brand new, very cute outfit at walmart then buy a used outfit at a consignment store for almost the same price.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:38 AM on May. 5, 2009

• just like pawn shops , when ever you sell something liek that you dont get what you "should" or expect . nect time jsut donate it , lol at least it wil be a tax write off next year
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:46 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I love that store!! Ive def got things wayyyy cheaper! I get onesies for no more than a dollar. Got her Easter dress for 4 bucks!! Now selling there is a rip off!!!!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 7:04 AM on May. 5, 2009