Any tips on feeding newborns?

My 1 month old baby gal has a problem feeding during the day time as the summer heat peaks and humidity is unbearable. she tends to sleep thru the day. Would anyone help me with some tips on how to wake her up to feed? Pls help

mollu

Asked by mollu at 3:05 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• change her diaper direct a fan slightly at an angle so it will hit her when you do so that should wake her up. tickle her feet, rub her cheek til she opens her mouth put the bottle in then and that worked sometimes for my dd. but usually if taking all their clothes off (which is why i said change the diaper) doesn't work nothing else will and you'll just have to wait, she'll wake up when shes hungry
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:07 AM on May. 5, 2009

• rub on her back, change her diaperchange her clothes... just do something with a lot of movement in it.. but shell wake up when she really needs to eat. newborns tend to sleep a lot in the day time.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Let sleeping babies lie. Nurse her often. Be sure that you are drinking lots of water so you don't get dehydrateded and your milk supply keeps up. Baby may need an ounce of water once in a while too, check with your family doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Thanks Vabchmommy!! The tip helped. For the past few days as the thermos kept rising, mollu decided to sleep it thru. N when she finally did wake up, ie late into the evening, she was so exhausted, she cdn;t cry out for food. :( really worried the hell out of me! Thanks once again. I did manage to feed her.
    mollu

Answer by mollu at 7:15 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If she is still sleeping good at night and gaining and growing I wouldn't worry. I would give my son his bath mid day and then he'd be awake for a bit. I would feed him then skin to skin. Wow I miss those times with him, he was my first!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 7:20 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't worry to much. She will eat when she is hungry. Some people say to let the baby sleep,some people say to wake them up. I let my children sleep.My 3month old gained weight just fine by feeding her when she is hungry.It turned into a schedule :0) She also now sleeps threw the night.

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:32 AM on May. 5, 2009