pink eye

my son is 1yrs old and he is starting two show signs of pink eye. He woke up with his eye a little red and he also had sleep in his eye threw out the day. What do I do? is there a way i can treat it before it gets bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• it may just be allergies... i wouldnt worry about it until he starts waking up with goop in it. but you can go to wal greens or something and buy the pink eye eye drops. to get started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• You can get a simple saline eye drop solution. JUST SALINE, no redness reducers or anything like that. Walmart carries a cheap bottle. Generally used as contact solution, but it is just salt water. Do a couple of drops a few times a day and then wipe the eye with a clean tissue. It will keep the bacteria from building up. They can only do eye drops prescription if it is bacterial and not viral. If it is viral, this is really the only treatment option. That is what we were told my our pediatrician when my daughter got viral pink eye at about 8 months.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:11 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I had that the other day. I woke up in the middle of the night, my eye bloodshot and crusty. Turned out to be gook caused by allergies in my eye, and I just cleaned my eye out with a q-tip. I'd try some drops.
    SabbyMommy

Answer by SabbyMommy at 4:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Its probably allergies get an eye was system and wash the gunk out, see if his pedi thinks he needs allergie meds.
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 10:25 AM on May. 5, 2009