• In the Spotlight:

Any offensive/defensive strategies to secure my job position?

I'm feeling very threatened at my current job. I feel that not only am I being micro-observed, but that my boss is asking me to create easy to follow templates of my work so that others can use them. Seems that she is getting more and more inventive in finding wrongs about me. I had to generate $8 thousand in overdraft checks, where money was transferred from money markets to cover. I cannot afford to lose my job, especially in this economy.

I am looking at many hacker programs to take the network hostage. I am also thinking of tying all electric archives in password-protected directories. Each directory having a different password (along with picture filled dummies) in many different tiers so that the IT departments will have to spend at least three days of password recovery.

What can I do to choke-hold my place of business for job security when cutbacks are imminent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think that you know that it is impossible to do any type of sabotage without getting caught. You need to be proactive and start your jobsearch now, don't wait and don't burn any bridges; you will probably need to use these people as a job reference somewhere down the road.
    I do career and job search coaching and can help you with your resume, cover letters and job hunt strategy. Feel free to contact me directly.
    - Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 AM on May. 5, 2009

• rkoloms,

Thank you for your offer. It's the fear of "will I find a job with a livable salary quick enough". I live in a small town of a little over 35,000. I will definitely have to look into bigger cities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow, I am a small business owner and I would NEVER hire someone that I knew even seriously considered sabotaging their job! I don't know what type of job you have, but sometimes employers have no choice but to cut jobs.

Sabotaging could also be considered a crime, depending upon what it is you do. Is jail worth it?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:42 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It's an emotional response of fear and a unappreciated talent. I'm still a little frightened, but I'm calming down.

Getting through unnoticed is actually very easy. One strategy is social engineering, by dropping a flash drive infront of someone's car. There are other ways, gaining trust by sending email attachments with a trusted company logo. The list goes on.
    Anonymous