Could my 10 week old be teething?!?

For the past week Marley has been drooling A LOT and sucking on his hand A LOT! He's also been pretty fussy. Sometimes he'll cry like he's in pain... that high pitched scream followed by wailing. Today, while taking a walk in the park, i noticed him sticking his tounge in and out like he was trying to itch his gums. I'm a first time mom, so i'm not sure if he's getting teeth pains early or if it's just another stage. Anybody else have this problem?

KittieM

Asked by KittieM at 4:42 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk i had always heard they dont start getting teeth til abotu 4 months. maybe it could be that or maybe something else could be going on . id ask the dr about that just to be safe .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:44 AM on May. 5, 2009

• That is normal. He could be teething just not getting teeth if that makes sense? Everything is moving and making room and growing with his so things are going to hurt. He might have an ear infection which all connects. Go to the doctor.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:51 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Just like with other things there is no set time. Babies get teeth at different times. I have a relative (this was probably a rare..but possible case , he had teethcoming in when he was born. My duaghter had her first toothat four months...where my son got his at 8 months. Children are different do it is possible. I do not know if he is but it is possible.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 4:53 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Bugsmommy1908 is right he could very well have an ear infection...and he could He could be teething just not getting teeth.
    MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 4:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Sounds like teething to me. My daughter started teething at 3/4 months, but she only got her first tooth a month ago (she's 7 months now).
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 5:08 AM on May. 5, 2009

• sounds completely normal to me.
    my daughter is always sucking on her hand and blowing little bubbles with her spit and drooling and sticking her tongue in and out.. itsnormal...

feel around and see if she is teething though.
    i wouldnt bring it up to the dr... hed tell you "its what babies do!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My son has been drooling like a faucet and sticking his hands in his mouth since he was 2 months old. lol. It is very possible, like Bugsmommy1908 said, that his gums are getting ready and it's bothering him. My son is 10 months old now, and he has two teeth and three more coming in. He got his first two when he was about 6 months old. :)

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 6:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I second having the doc check for a possible ear infection, but yes, he could be teething. My DD cut her first tooth at 14 weeks.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:51 AM on May. 5, 2009