Anyone ever been a hero and intervened when you come accross trouble

i did but nearly got beat up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• What the heck happened? I intervene when I see kids being out right horirifically bullied and animals. Sometimes I'll say something to the one who's bullying other times i invite the bullied child to walk away from the situation and I stay nearby to observe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on May. 5, 2009

• while coming back through town one evening a girl was hitting another and swearing shouting at her, she turned out to be her sister, the victim was shouting someone help me all these people just ignored her, i went over and asked what was afoot, got the jist of it, then the abusive one started mouthing at me, go away mind your business you effin sl-g etc etc she was lashing out, i had to run to a pub to get them to call the police as she grabbed her sister by her hair punching and kicking it was enough to make me think twice about helping again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Only accidents have I stopped and offered help. With a fight, I'd have called the police and if it was young children, I'd have had to try to help the child but getting in the middle of something like previous reply said, could cost you your life.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I am a certifed EMT, but no longer active with the VFD. I have stopeed at accident scenes and tried to help out. I have never been in a situation like the others listed though. I would probably try to help, but since I usually have my kids with me I would be very leary of putting them in danger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on May. 5, 2009

• saw a military guy in a grocery store parkin lot beating up his wife. I went over opened the door told him he needed to stop hitting her and went in to call the police. They came he didnt get arrested because the child in their car was his and not hers but I did have to drive her home. He walked behind my car like he was trying to memorize my license plate. A few years later I saw him at the commisarry and he only had his kid with him I hope she got away.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:37 AM on May. 5, 2009