What do you think???

What do you think is harder ... Being a full time working, or stay at home mom??

ShiningStar24

Asked by ShiningStar24 at 5:29 AM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• stay at home mom... but it also depends on what your job is.

but i think sahm its a 24 hour job....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I believe being a working mom (whether part time or full time) is more difficult. You have to learn to balance work with keeping the home up and also taking care of the children. You are at work either part of the day or all day and then you have to come home, cook dinner, take care of child/children. Clean up after dinner and also take care of yourself and get yourself ready for the next day. It is hard going to work when you have only had 4-5 hours of sleep because baby wakes in the middle of the night to eat, so you have to feed the baby, get him back to bed and then get yourself back to bed..only to have the alarm go off the minute you get to sleep.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 5:50 AM on May. 5, 2009

• A full time stay at home Mom. I've been both, most certainly sahm is more work, statistics prove it!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 5:53 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Neither.

Both are equally as hard in their own right. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 6:09 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I would say it depends on your job and also the amount of things you do when you are at home with your kids. I only worked a few months after my son was a year and before I had my DD. We were still living at home with my parent's and my mom would watch him and have dinner ready every night and she cleaned the house with the exception to our bathroom and bedrooms. That was way easier, duh! lol Shortly after my DD was a year I went back to school. We owned our own house the kids were in daycare and things were hard! DH was working so much overtime that I was a single mom it seemed, my hats of to them btw! Things were hard. I would wake with DH at 5 am and make his lunch and then the rest of my day would start. Getting the kids out the door before 7:30 and to school by 8. Studying, cooking, cleaning(well trying to) spending some time with the kids.

Both are hard depeinding on special circumstances.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:24 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i'm a stay at home mom for a long time. Two kids are phasing out and one still to go. I agree that they're equally hard. Stay at homers are never off duty ever and we have to prepare for our next meeting constantly of a new influx of kids and friends from school or doctors appointments etc. Managing six to seven playmates of any age without them doing each other in is hard work but with respect the kids carry it forward elsewhere. My heart goes out to moms who work outside the home and miss out on the daily growth of what ever age child. Being a stay at home mom I'm raising my own kids but actually joining in a village andhelping to raise those who's m oms can't be with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on May. 5, 2009

• stay at home mom
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 7:10 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I have done both and I personally think they are equal. They are difficult in different ways and it depends on how much SO helps out. My DH is currently a SAHD while I work and he doesn't help much with housework while I am at work so I have to try to get as much time with the kids while I am home and cook and clean. Yes we have had discussions about it, but nothing lasts.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:22 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Humph! I don't know what the deal is with all the comparing......I work full-time and take care of my family full-time and have one child with special needs who requires me full-time.....And yes, I get everything done and no one suffers (well, except maybe me...I sure could use a vacation) from lack of attention, etc. Just because you work full-time does not mean you are a part-time mom or that you shirk on your home duties......Sheesh! GROW UP people!!
    Anonymous

• Thank you anon! Just because some moms have to work full time does not mean we are part time mothers. I have to work a 40 hr week and then do all the crap a SAHM does on top of it. When I am home I am doing all the chores plus all the activities, playing, reading etc with my kids. There are softball and violin lessons, preschool programs etc that I take care of. I do not have a laundry, vacume,dust, dishwasing fairy. It all gets done by me. I think SAHM's are unappreciated but working moms are just as neglected just in a different way.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:18 PM on May. 5, 2009