fell out with an old neighbour over children, had to move, now my daughter is being snubbed by the daughter of someone that knows that neighbour im not paranoid this girl is friends with my daughters once best friend who now barely talks to my daughter and its as if shes split them up please help why do people have to be so nasty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• aren't kids mean? we're just made with all different personalties. I sure wish the federal government would mandate actual classes every year of school to move to the next grade on antibullying. When mine's been bullied I just say that people don't think alike and practice respect and there's nothing we can do about it but be most involved in groups of respect. Libraries groups, 4H, girl scout troops are great for nurturing. Just keep an eye out because gym locker rooms can be bad for kids. Are there any community clubs in school she can join?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• she has other friends, and ive told her not to bite back, but its unsettling knowing adults have created the mess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I have no idea why people are so nasty like that but the only thing to do is to give a hug and let your daughter work it out the best she can and let her talk about her feelings. I wish we could fix our children's problems but we can't. I ran in to a situation a couple of years ago where my daughter was best friends with a girl and I found out that the girl was the SD of one of my exes. I was suggesting for my daughter to make more than that one friend. I was never anything but friendly with the girl because it certainly wasn't her fault and she was a sweet girl, but I knew there'd be no outside of school play, no parties or anything like that. I imagine her parents felt the same. Either way, I suggested my daughter make more friends. I would explain that people talk and that's what's happened here, it's not her fault, and to make new friends and just always be who you are and the real friends will stay.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:13 AM on May. 5, 2009