Ideas for exercise and more fat burning foods now that I am pregnant?

I would love some help from ladies here who are pregnant and found the niche that works for them. I have a gym membership and I swear if I see another Barbie Doll workout chick (complete with matching outfit, towel and tennis shoes) I'm gonna do all I can to trip her skinny ass off the treadmill.

I love walking as running tears up my knees. Will I be able to walk as much as I want (I usually go for an hour on the treadmill) and not hurt the baby? Also I love green veggies and carrots. DH says I don't eat enough colors. But honestly eating the same veggies get old. I want to keep up my veggies for the baby but still stay healthy. I read that soft cheese is out. Can I still eat cottage cheese with fruit?

I am trying to cut out my coffee as we speak but I seriously love my Starbucks.

If I do these things can I maintain the current weight that I am at (around 150) during my pregnancy without adding too much weight?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 7:29 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• drs usually say as long as it feels good, & did it before pregnancy you can continue. also try looking at the library or online for some pregnancy workouts. they will help you train the muscles you need during pegnancy & delivery, safely.. try doing squats with a ball againt the wall to strengthen your legs.. soon you will need it to get off the couch. also getting on all 4s & doing leg lifts is great... dont forget your kegals too! Congrats!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:19 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Not pregnant, but I'd suggest talking with your OB. Mine said I could do any exercise that I had done before I was pregnant. Since then I've read about the same thing, do what you've done before, using how you are feeling as a guideline. Don't get too hot since that wouldn't be good for the baby. Don't soak in a hot tub for the same reason. Personally I'd think jumping rope would be a bad idea since the organs are already dealing with gravity.

Answer by Bmat at 8:34 AM on May. 5, 2009