Have you ever asked a question on here, with the best of intentions and had people go completely nuts on you?

I'm just curious. It's not a big deal, that's why this is listed in the Just For Fun category. I have had this happen to me several times. For instance, I once asked a question about was anyone upset about the whole Obama administration flying a plane over NY, thing. I only asked to see how many people were actually upset but instead of people answering the question they proceeded to tell me how I need to get over it and stop attacking Obama, etc. I mean I wasn't even upset about it, I was just asking the question. Nowhere in my question did I even imply that I was effected by this event in the least. I mean I know that things get lost in translation when being read over the computer but seriously, are people are mind readers now? Let me make myself clear, I AM NOT UPSET. I am just wondering if this happens to other people too or if I am just constantly screwing up the way that I word my questions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, those are normally the ones that won't identify themselves once they post the answer, like they want to give their opinion but don't want us to know who they are. Crazy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:42 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Sometimes the answers are not so much for your original question as they are for other peoples repsonses I have found. I think I remember that question and weren't there some heavy Obama bashers answering it? Maybe that was what some of those repsonses were for. I personally ahve never had someone hijack my question or even started a serious debate about anything, but I have gotten some nasty PMs from my answers to things. I always try to be nice and not push my "agenda" as others put it. I simply state how I feel and put it out there for others to educate themselves too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:45 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes I have, one person and they do it because they are behind the PC and feel brave about what they say and normally would never do it face to face, anon or not. It's not an opinion when someone is getting bashed.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:48 AM on May. 5, 2009

• They are what I call the angry question mark people.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:49 AM on May. 5, 2009

• This is the OP: Aeneva, maybe you are right maybe they were responding to some of the other responses. I thought that they were saying those things to me though. I've never actually thought about that way. I hope that you are right. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes! I know what you mean!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• LOL, some people go absolutely nuts in this section of CM...as well as some of the groups. It's something you get used to around here. It's quite possible that some people were responding to others who had replied, and not you specifically. Debates break out in threads all over the place on this site. From what I can tell, you type coherently and with good grammar and spelling, so I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with you. :)

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 8:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i did a "study" of sorts yesterday. i posted a question...nothing bad it was just a bit vague. everyone of the answers were negative, rude, and intentionally hurtful. once one person started all the others joined in. not one person asked me to clairify my question. they were all so quick to judge and call names. it proved my point though. so many people just want to start arguments...no matter what. not one person was supportive. what is this sight for anyway? i thought it was built as a safe place for moms to network...well that thought flew out the door. i am not saying that everyone on here is like that, there are some very nice and respectful women on here. but there are some women that are, in fact, looking for a fight. so, yes. i totally agree with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 5, 2009

• yeah,last night!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:28 AM on May. 5, 2009