How did you announce your pregnancy?

I won't be able to get my ultrasound until after Mother's Day which sucks because I wanted to send the ultrasound pics to my Mom and DH's Mom. I was thinking of having handprints of all the grandkids with the month and year they were born written under it and a small hand with "Coming in January 2010".

Any other unique ideas?

I also bought my son a shirt that reads "Only Child" which is crossed out and "Big Brother" written under it. After I saw that I couldn't pass up "I can grow people, what's your super power?" for myself.

How did you break the news to your loved ones?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:32 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found out the week before Mother's day with my first pregnancy, so I went to the Health Dept to get a test, and had them fill out one of those certificates saying "positive pregnancy, due January....", and then I put them in a Mother's day card. For my mom I got a card for "Grandma", which she didn't get the point until she opened it up. She thought I had got the wrong card on accident lol. Until she saw the certificate on the inside, then she started crying!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think your idea is wonderful. Congrats
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Awww so you ARE pregnant?!!?! I've been answering some of your questions the past few days. Congrats :)

And all those ideas are cute :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:00 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My mother never never asked about me and husband having kids. We were married for two and half years when we got pregnant. With my first I called my mom and asked her what was she doing May 18 and it was then actually the previous September. She sighed and said she didn't know. Then I asked her well how would you like to become a grandmother on that day? She was a absolutely floored beyond belief. She didn't cry or scream she didn't rejoice with happiness. She couldn't talk at all. My husband's parents had five kids and then two grandkids already. When I told m mil she screamed in the phone with joy and laughter. I don't remember my second preg. announcement and my third I told my mother at a big family dinner where only my aunt, my husband and I knew. Mom was happy. CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• well.. the very first time i found out i was pregnate was in july of 2008. i was supposed to be due march 26th. my fiancee and i were soo happy, we just made trips over to family members houses to tell them... a week and a half later i miscarried, it hurt my fiancee more then it did me.... this pregnancy we found out i was pregnate at a doctor's office because i was worried about what was going on with my monthly cycle..i didnt think being pregnate was the problem but i let them do the test anyways... it came back positive.. i was shocked. i couldnt believe it...this happened on march,2nd,2009. i called only two people after the appointment, my fiancee, and my grandmother. since i dont have my mom anymore i turn to her. my fiancee and i were more scared to tell everyone this time. we have only just begun sitting down with our families.... my father now knows and is still trying to get used to he idea of being a granfather....
    hinklejessie89

Answer by hinklejessie89 at 9:47 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I like the handprints idea!!! so so so cute!!

When we found out we were not married, and jsut living together, so we didnt know how our parents would reacts (he's 26, im 20) so i called my mom over the phone, and she was sooo upset that i told her over the phone...and he just handed his mom the test one day when she was at our house while she was on the phone...she about flipped!! He called my dada and said "you miht need to get another rifile ready for hunting sseason in a couple of years" and his dad was just "shocked" lol, it was all very funny... we were going to wait and do something creative but i am TERRIBLE about keeping secrets!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:02 AM on May. 5, 2009

• try going to the store and getting a stamp of small hand prints and doing a extra clay print and write under it your due date
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:25 AM on May. 5, 2009

• when i frist moved back to my home town a year ago i told my mom her X-mas present was gonna be a grandbaby and she laugh and siad whatever and i was just playin with her since she doesnt have any and her bf was going on his 2nd and 3rd (twins) and i didnt get my evil friend in dec my hubby run to the store and begged them to let him in on x-mas eve so we took the test and it was positive and the next day at her house i siad momn u want ur x-mas present and she siad no ill wait till we all open them and i siad no ill give it to u now and gave her the test she didnt belive me for the longest time cuz of the comment i made early that year until my frist appt. that was an ultrasound to comfirm that i was and that when she started beliving me
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 11:33 AM on May. 5, 2009