• In the Spotlight:

How can I advertise a new group?

I recently created a new group to talk about Christian doctrine and dogmas, for all denominations of Christianity (and anyone wanting to ask about it). But I don't know how to let the rest of the Cafe know about it. How would I go about that?

Redteux

Asked by Redteux at 8:47 AM on May. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You got a good start with the journal. Use the "promote this group" button which will advertise in the "groups seeking members" section. And then you can personally invite moms in their chatterboxes or via PM.
    I know I'm not much help here lately, Red. I'm sorry. But I'm practically stuck to a bed right now trying to keep these babies baking for another 11 days or so.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Hi Redteux,

There are several ways to promote your group on CafeMom.

If you are a group owner, you can click the 'Promote Your Group' link in the Admin Tools section on your group homepage. Your post there will be added to the 'Groups Seeking Members' forum.

You can create a CafeMom signature to promote your group.

You can also create a banner for your CafeMom group to add to another website. Here's how to create a banner:

Mouseover the "Moms" tab.
    Click on 'Invite Friends' in the drop-down menu.
    On the next page, on the left side, click the 'Personalized CafeMom Widgets' link..
    Click the 'Create Now' button beneath 'Your CafeMom Groups'.
    Select your group; choose the banner size, background, and text.
    Scroll down the page and copy the code to paste onto your website.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:04 AM on May. 5, 2009