military traditions for wedding?

my husband and i are having our wedding ceremony in june, never got a chance to have it when he was home on leave so were having a summer wedding in the woodlands,tx my hometown. i was wondering if there are any good traditions that the army does like during te ceremony, for the reception were just gonna cook out at my dads no dancing just swimmin and getting drunk lol..he will be wearing his class a greens..i am having trouble for the bridesmaid dresses too..i dont want yellow i was thinking maybe a cute green but not sure. if you have any idea i would appreciate thanks :-)

haileylight

Asked by haileylight at 8:52 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Well you have to set it up ahead of time if you want anything to special and get it cleared with them first. i know the Marines to the swords. Just remember he can not drink in his class A's at all. He has to maintain proper military bearings at all times. He will have to change for the drinking part. Im not sure on to many traditions they do. You can look it up online for Army wedding ideas. Just keep in mind while he is in uniform he has to represent the Army at all times so that means proper kisses, hand holding and no making out or touching in a sexual way. Wedding or not he has to follow protocol. Usually if you want anything special he can contact the post chaplain and see what they can set up as they would need soldiers to volunteer to come to the wedding and participate in whatever you want done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on May. 5, 2009

• That is not true you can drink in class A's, You should not get drunk in class A's I have been to many events, such as military balls that everyone is drinking. to include the brigade commander. we can not drink in our combat uniforms. You should also not make out in public in them
    cont-
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 9:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• this is the only thing that covers drinking (not drunk, that is a different issue)
    as per AR 670-1
    3–3. Occasions for wear
    a. Soldiers may wear BDUs on duty when prescribed by the commander. Soldiers may wear BDUs off post unless
    prohibited by the commander. They may not wear BDUs for commercial travel, unless authorized by para 1–10c of this
    regulation. Personnel may not wear BDUs in establishments that primarily sell alcohol. If the establishment sells
    alcohol and food, soldiers may not wear utility uniforms if their activities in the establishment center on drinking
    alcohol only.
    b. Utility uniforms are not normally considered appropriate for social or official functions off the installation, such
    as memorial services and funerals. These uniforms are issued as utility, field, training, or combat uniforms and are not
    intended for wear as all-purpose uniforms when other uniforms are more appropriate.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 9:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• He must maintain military bearing. He can drink but not get drunk. Best thing would be for him to change after the ceremony before drinking. Also, it's extremely disrespectful for you to ever be wearing any part of his uniform including his cover. I don't know any Army traditions... the Navy/Marines do swords...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I would just have him change out of uniform. I believe he would need the ok for any military tradition in the wedding. Although I don't know of any Army ones. Just Navy/Marines with the swords.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:21 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Well as for me wearing his uniform I never said I was going too lol although I have modeling pics in it that I did professinally for him...and yes we have been to the military balls and we both drank, but thnx for ur suggestions
    haileylight

Answer by haileylight at 8:05 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No one said you were going to wear the whole uniform... HOWEVER you are clearly wearing his cover in your profile pic... DUH, that is part of his uniform.

Anonymous

• and seriously..do you and your husband do missionary thewhole time..bc its in the standards to do that only and i knw all of us do not follow that c mon now..i sense a lil bit of jeliousy and it sounds like you need to get some midol.sorry if thats rude but c mon...everyone has tried on their clothes have a lil bit of fun...and its a cute pic so its whatever
    haileylight

Answer by haileylight at 8:36 PM on May. 15, 2009

• oh and also i had that hat made me for me..it was not his issued one but thnks anyways lol and dont post anonomously if you dont hae anythin nice to say seroisly get a lifeeee
    haileylight

Answer by haileylight at 8:41 PM on May. 15, 2009