after my question,

in general parenting ,this woman keeps calling me up.its only 854...i havent answered because i dont want to argue.i dont know if i should tell her that her kid is a bully or what.she called all day yesterday also.all she does is use me and my daughter for her daughter when she has nobody else to play with.and when she has a problem and nobody else will listen.her daughter is getting more and more aggresive and i think its because of her?any ideas?

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 8:58 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell her that the it needs to stop and stop now. That you don't mind her or her daughter but the bullying is getting to be to much and you have noticed a change in her daughter and you do not want your dating being bullied or treated badly. If she wants to talk to you like an adult then you are willing to talk and if she wants a fight then you are hanging up. If she continues then have the phone company block her number for you.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:04 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I would answer your phone listen to what she has to say and then tell her straight up that her child has issues and you don't want your child playing with hers if she has an problem with that then just hang up. She can being her drama to someone else. She sounds like her life is full of drama and she has no one else. I myself HATE drama i don't hang out with anyone. My SO is my best friend and the only person i chill with. Besides my DD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Sometimes you just have to be direct. Answer the phone and tell her the truth in a nice tone. I'd tell her the truth, that you're not comfortable with the way the kids are playing. That you don't know how to handle it and you don't want any hard feelings. I'd also be direct in telling her that friendship is about good as well as bad things going on in our lives. Make a pack to have no negative for a week if you want to salvage the friendship. I have a friend that for a long time all I heard was negative and the odd thing was it was upsetting me more than it was her I think. She'd cry and she was fine, but I was the one laying in bed worrying about her problems Her daughter was strong willed too (like her Mom) and I had the same problem you're having. It was the home life spilling over. Once Mom was happy, so was the child. Try honesty.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I would be straight with her and tell her that her kid is a bully and she needs to take care of that otherwise you're not going to be able to come over anymore.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 9:31 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think you need to be honest with her, tell her that you have noticed her child being more aggressive and bullying. Let her know that the behavior has to stop, or your child will not be allowed to play with hers anymore. If you don't want to have anything more to do with this mom/child then it might be best to end things now- and let her know.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:01 PM on May. 5, 2009