im pregnant and have REALLY BAD migranes what besides tylenol can i take for it?

Audreysmommy123

Asked by Audreysmommy123 at 9:04 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• Speak with your ob/gyn. You may need a blood work up to find out what is causing them and they can give you something stronger than tylenol that will be safe for you and the baby.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Ask your Dr. for some phenergan. It's for morning sickness, but it'll knock you out.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• my book that i got from the doctor about the pregnancy says

-tylenol (including extra strength)

so i would def talk to your doctor and get him to prescribe something and figure out why you are getting such bad headaches. i know i got horrible headaches this pregnancy when i was taking my prenatal in the afternoon but when i'd take it in the morning right before i ate i wouldn't have any headaches. and if you drank caffeine before pregnant than continue to have some caffeine during the pregnancy.
    kyleighsmama07

Answer by kyleighsmama07 at 9:27 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If you find the Excedrine tension headache It has JUST tylenol and caffine NO asprin. Take one of those. and a tylenol.

Try the HEAD_ON stuff in a green stick, it may seem odd but it does tend to work!~

PURE Peppermint oil on your temples.

I suffer from excruciating migraines these are things that helped me a little, (NO migraine medicine works for me either pregnant or not)
    Love2beMom

Answer by Love2beMom at 9:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• When I would get migraines I had to call my OB because they were so bad!!! Nothing ever worked and I would get woke out of a sound sleep (as I still do)! They wanted to give me morphine but I said NO!!! I did end up suffering thru them and I got so sick from it. Definitely try the head on though I heard it does work!!! Good Luck!!!
    luvmykids3

Answer by luvmykids3 at 10:51 AM on May. 5, 2009

• try going to a chiropractor. the nerves in your spine connect with the rest of your body. i had horrid knee pain and couldn't get diagnosed by a regular doc so i called a chiropractor, it even helped with my allergies, sounds odd i know, but it really does work.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:43 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I take prescribed meds for my migraines. Were you a smoker before pregnancy, coffee drinker,,, See I was and quit all of this stuff cold turkey and was lacking caffeen and thats what brought on my headaches and migraines... So they suggested for me to have some caffeen during the day to calm down the pain...
    monkey84

Answer by monkey84 at 3:09 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My doctor also suggested a bit of caffiene when I got migraines during pregnancy. She said to take tylenol and drink a coke. If you get them often though there are things that can be prescribed that are safe during pregnancy.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 3:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have the same problem... I had to go to the Dr and they gave me Floricet (which is a como of tylenol, caffeine and something else) it seems to help. Ask your dr about it
    mylittledorito

Answer by mylittledorito at 4:31 PM on May. 7, 2009