Getting 10 month old to take 2 naps instead of 3...need help with scheduling

This is my daughter's current schedule:

(Times are approximate...I'm not a strict scheduler)

7:30am breakfast and bottle

9am nap

10:30am snack and bottle

noon nap

1:30pm lunch and bottle

3:30pm nap

4:45pm dinner and bottle

6:15pm snack

7:30pm bottle, then bed

I need to move her from a 3-nap schedule to a 2-nap schedule.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this without completely throwing her off of her routine? I'll have to change her lunch/dinner and snack times, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to fit them into a 2-nap schedule.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Push her morning nap back until closer to 10. Then her noon nap around 2 and then she should be good until bed time. Our daughter is up at the same time as yours and is 8 months. We put her down around 9:30 to 10, she gets up around 11 and then a nap again at 2 until about 4 and then bath at 8 bottle 8:30 then bed.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:34 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Try pushing her naps back 15 minutes at a time. If she's fussy find something to keep her occupied for 15 to 20 minutes if not longer.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I put my son down to one nap a day by 10 months old....he would get up at about 8 and I would put him down for a nap around 12/1230 (depending on his mood) and he'd usually sleep 2-3 hours and then back to bed at 8p. Hope you find something that works for you :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 9:37 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Why do you need to move her to two naps? She will outgrow the third nap on her own very soon. If you force it, you will have a cranky baby!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:37 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Why are you trying to get rid of her having 3 naps? I dont know about other babies, but my nearly 9 month old actually sleeps better at night if he gets 3 naps compared to 2. She will probably soon get rid of the morning nap and then will be down to two naps..and before you know it she will only take one nap..and the no nap (my friend has a 3.5 yr old that only naps 2-3X A WEEK).
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 10:16 AM on May. 5, 2009

• SHE'S the one outgrowing the 3 nap schedule. At noon, she's just not tired, and it's a struggle to get her to nap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• then there is your answer--- only put her down for a nap if she is tired. my son is 9 months old and takes 2-3 naps a day depending on how tired he is and sleeps well at night too. I just go with the flow and it actually turned out to be a schedule on its own.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 11:58 AM on May. 5, 2009