Do you have to wake your kids in the morning or do they wake on their own?

I hate having to wake my kids in the morning. My son is in JK so he needs to get up. I wake him and he's so misrable. So is DH when ever he has to wake up. So I just assume that my son is not going to me a morning person just like his father and will likely be that way for the rest of his life. My girls wake on their own and I'll have to occasionally wake DD from her nap. If she sleeps longer than 2 hours she'll be so cranky!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:34 AM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 10 yr old son wakes up to his alarm clock.I showed him how to set it, and he thinks it is fun.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:44 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My son is up about 10 minutes before my alarm goes off at 5:55!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2009

• my dd age 11 is a deep sleeper and sleeps threw her alarm so i wake her up
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My 11 year old will sleep forever and sleep through anything. It takes her a very, VERY long time to wake up so I make her take a shower every morning as soon as she's out of bed.

My 6 year old would more than likely wake up on his own if we had an extra 30 minutes to spare in the morning. He does drag himself out of bed on his own but he's really slow getting ready. We've tried going to bed a half hour earlier but it doesn't help.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:52 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I guess I didn't really answer the question. I have to wake my kids up. My daughter has an alarm but it doesn't do any good.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:54 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My DD wakes up on her own; my DS has to be woken.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

• my dd wakes herself up every morning at 8am.. never had a problem with that.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 10:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Both - sometimes my son wakes up on his own and sometimes I need to wake him up. I enjoy waking him up, though. It means an extra 15 minutes of snuggling and tickling...a good way to start our day!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:06 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I always wake them up during the week.. But on the weekend they get up on there own... During the week i have a song for each kid that i sing to them while i pick out there clothes for the day.. it seems to make them nuch more happier when i sing rather thatn bust open the door and turn on the light and yell "get up"!!!
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:08 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Two of my kids have alarm clocks in their rooms. Sometimes they get up on their own, but not often. I have to go room to room over and over to get the 3 of them up. My oldest is always the last to get up. Once the younger 2 start to wake up, they get up.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:19 AM on May. 5, 2009