How do you tell your SO you need time away from him without him getting upset?

My children are very demanding and so is my husband. I live in a very isolated area and can go up to two weeks without seeing another adult (besides my husband and brother in-law). Sometimes I just feel like I need a day to just be by myself. But my husband works so much that when he gets to be home he wants to spend time together. I understand that and I want to spend time with him too. I feel guilty for feeling like I just want to leave the kids with him and take off for the day. What should I do?

3tobe03040709

Asked by 3tobe03040709 at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Be honest with him. Tell him you would like him to take the kids so you can go out and have a little time for you so you feel better. Let him know you just want a little time alone and that your doing it for the both of you. He should understand. Tell him you love spending time with him but you just need a break from the house and kids for a few hours.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:38 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I agree with brailynsmama08. You need to let your husband know how you feel and that you need some alone time. Maybe you should get a calendar and plan 1 day a month as "mom" day . Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:48 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I agree

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If you dont want to tell him up front get a babysitter during the day for the kids while hes at work, that way you can still have time for yourself and him, but if all else fails just tell him you need a day off! if he gets butt hurt hell get over it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 5, 2009