Would you buy handmade cards?

I've heard people complaining alot lately about the cost of greeting cards. I make my own and if the kids are going to a party they make a card for the kid too. I enjoy crafting and was wondering if people would buy a handmade card for $1-$2 compared to more expensive ones at card stores?
What do you think?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:37 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make my own cards so I wouldn't buy them from someone else, lol. There are LOTS of people that just aren't crafty enough to make their own that are willing to pay someone else to make them.  My friend and I started our own website and have had a few customers.  They aren't pouring in but it's nice for a hobby! 

www.everythingstamped.com

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:17 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If it's cute, and I like it, Id buy it. I just bought a Cricut and am going to start doing all that stuff!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I make my own cards and I have had people ask me to make some for them too. I can't make my cards for that cheap though, so if you can and you find a market for the.... go for it!!

When I don't have time to make a card for someone I get the 2 for $1.00 cards at Dollar General.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:43 AM on May. 5, 2009

• No, if I wanted a handmade card then I would just make it myself, its much more personal that way, sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If it was $1 and cute, probably. I only buy the 99 cent cards. I'd rather spend more on a present.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I have bought handmade cards from crafts stores. I think it is a special greeting.

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I have purchased them to help raise money for certain causes. I bought some sold by a local home for disabled persons. The residents there were the creators of the cards. I think they had a very special meaning and it was for a good cause.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:37 AM on May. 5, 2009