potty training

okay i have a 2 year old she will be 3 in 4 months and i can't get her potty trained. i have another baby on the way. i need some help. we have tried everything. from treats when she goes to reading to her while she sits on the potty trying to make it fun letting her 5 year old sister go with her instead of me. she knows what to do somedays she goes all day with out useing the bathroom in her paintys then other days she just wont go. i have taken dappers away except for at nap time and bed time what can i do to get her to use the bathroom all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at this point i think you are doing a good job. you aren't going to be able to get her potty trained during sleep time. that will take a little longer and harder work. however you can do what i did. i got a huge poster board and started a sticker chart. my son loves his sticker chart and we have been going potty and wearing regular underwear for 7 weeks now. he is 3 years old. i still have him wear diapers during nap and bed time. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:52 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Are you expecting her to go on her own or to come up to you and say "mommy I have to go potty"? Don't. Think of it from her point of view...
    I'm having a great time with this toy, TV show, game, whatever. I want to keep playing. Maybe this feeling will go away if I ignore it. The feeling is getting worse! But I want to keep playing... maybe if I ignore it more it will still go away.
    She has a choice... playing with her toys or sitting in the boring bathroom. Which do you think a small child will choose? They do NOT think like we do (or even a 5 year old).

Help her. Don't let her choose between toys and peeing. Don't ask her, don't wait for her to ask.
    Put her on a schedule. She MUST try to pee every 2 hours. If she pees, great, reset the clock for 2 hours. If she doesn't, reset it for 1/2 hour. Keep doing that until she starts going on her own all the time.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:24 PM on May. 5, 2009