ya its me again

i am just very confussed.i dont know how pushy or aggressive to be with my daughter.after all my posts today in genral par.and relationships i dont quit know how pushy i should be or maybe i am not pushy enough.i guess my question is how pushy or aggressive are you with your 10yr old daughter.i cant figure it???

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 9:53 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'll have to check out your other questions but pushy and aggressive tend to be negative words. I'd be firm and assertive, standing your ground about rules, but not forceful.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i mean when it comes to sports.how pushy should you be???my friend had these girls doing laps up a 45 degree angle hill and then doing laps on the field with the soccer ball which wasnt that bad but when she started yelling like an aggressive coach i started to get nervous,but i also wondered if this was the right thing to do and i wasnt being pushy enough?i just cant figure out who is right and who is wrong and maybe there is no right and wrong?
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:59 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for this I think it depends on the tween. I know with mine some things I have to be more "pushy" to get her to do than others :(
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 11:47 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I'd say I"M PUSHY and AGRESSIVE at times lol. I think you need her to always know you're in control. You can be soft when it calls for that but you need to be firm when your parenting is in question. A child should never get their way out of fustration, threat, or anything else that pushes you up against the wall. Later on , your DD will respect you more. And when she's a mom she'll come to you for advice because of that respect.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 12:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• In sports you sometimes have to be pushy. Sports like soccer, baseball, basketball are all team sports and winning and losing depends on teamwork. It wouldn't be fair if the same few are doing all the work. therefore some coaches push the ones that aren't pulling their own weight or the coach may know that a child is capable of more than they are doing. What your child is learning in sports will carry into their entire lives. Sports teach kids team work, cooperation, patience, setting and meeting goals, being good sports, respect and knowing how much they can accomplish if the push themselves beyond what they feel like doing. My son came out of his shell and find out just what he was capable of, especially when he is pushed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:41 PM on May. 5, 2009