As an adult, has anyone ever had pin worms?

They only come out at night, right? Sometimes I feel like I have them, but it's during the day. How are they tested for, and what is the treatment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• If you have children and they have them, then it is a chance you do too, you can go to the Dr. and get meds for it or you can go to the drug store, they also sell meds to get rid of them..I dont know how well it works but its a shot..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:23 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't think the kids have them. How do you tell?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 5, 2009

• now that I dont know, usually they scatch alot or tell you their behinds itch...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:51 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My daughter just got pin worms a couple weeks ago. I noticed when I was changed her diaper in the evening and I saw one on, well..her butt hole. It's supposed to be terribly itchy if you have them, almost to the point that you cannot sleep. You can go to any place that sells medicine and get Pin X, it's over the counter and 20 dollars. Even though we only knew for sure that my daughter had it, the directions said for everyone in the household to take a dose just in case. And the medicine only takes one dose, and you are done.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:53 AM on May. 5, 2009

• And of course wash everything that the eggs may have come in contact with in hot water. Its like lice, except of the anus x.x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Dr. Oz once said you can put a piece of tape over your butt-hole, in the morning, you will know for sure. Sounds gross, but (sorry) it makes sense if they come out at night.
    klydick

Answer by klydick at 11:58 AM on May. 5, 2009