How can I loose weight fast........

I would like to know how I can loose weight, sorta fast. I have a graduation to go to at the end of the month and need to shed a few pounds. I think I am 130 now and it would be just peachy if I could get to 125 at least before then and then 120 would be my goal. I have been walking, which I can already feel a difference in just 2 weeks, but its not going to shed the pounds fast enough for the graduation, I don’t think. It will tone me, which is great, but I need something to take the weight off, and joining a gym is not something that I can afford. Before my baby I was always between 100-110 and I have no desire to be that size again. I could always eat whatever I felt like and never gain anything.... but now I pay for everthing I put in my mouth : ) anyway if anyone has any diet secrets or anything you think will help let me know. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• eat healthy and do an exercise video. I exercised with this dance it off video from walmart 5 days a week (50 minutes) and lost 21 lbs in 2 months. I also ate healthy, veggies, fruit, chicken. watch your calories!
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 10:11 AM on May. 5, 2009

• check out the pro ana sites...they have great tips
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Eat breakfast, no soft drinks, empty calories, junk food...Cut your portion sizes by half. I eat off a 6 inch plate, instead of a 10 to 12 inch plate for dinner.. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied NOT FULL. Drink plenty of water. I lost like 25 llbs and counting doing this, I still limit my pepsi to just one a day, if I want a candy bar..I eat it but not the whole thing, If I eat McDonalds for breakfast I just eat half of my mcmuffin. Stay active...Dont lose too much to fast or you will just put it back on plus more. Cutting your calories by 500 per day will lead one pound weight loss a week, add that to what you are already doing you should see results
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Eat healthy, stay active and avoid bad habits like smoking, drinking and sitting around.

Whatever you do, please do not listen to Anonymous @10:13am. Anorexia is NOT a healthy way to lose weight.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:20 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Thanks I will get the video. I also saw in another post that I may not be walking far or fast enough. I push my daughter and talk to her while I walk, so I may not be paying enough attention to what I am doing, so I will up it when I get home. another problem is that I sit at a desk all day. I should try to do a easy exercise at lunch or something. well thank you for all of your help. I think I eat to much at dinner so cuting it in half and eating until I am satisfied would help i think. and thanks again. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Don't worry anorexia is not a prob with me. I like to eat and I don't have a problem that would turn me to THAT. I just want to be healthy, and maybe just a little thiner by the time I have to go to this graduation. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Remember when you eat a meal that it takes 20 minutes for your brain to recognize you are full. If you arent feeling full right after you eat, drink a tall glass of water, possibly eat some nuts, and wait for 20 minutes. If youre still hungry after 20min, go for it!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:59 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If it gets down to eat you can try the cootage cheese crash diet, no its not healthy but it will get rid of those few pounds, at least until after the wedding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Cut out breads, pasta and desserts for the month. Drink plenty of water. Keep up your exercise and eat healthy.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in dieting; it will just keep you on the gain/lose roller coaster. At least 20 minutes of brisk walking or other exercise at least three times a week. Drink water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Eat fruits & vegetables, 7-8 servings in at least 3 colors a day. Start replacing your white foods (simple grains like white rice, bread, pasta) with whole grains (like brown rice, quinoa, whole grain bread & torillas, whole wheat pasta, working your way up to 7 servings of whole grains a day. Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat and dairy; eat beans and lentils. Go to your local library & look for any book by Dr. McDougall. Free meal plans and recipes here: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. I have many family-tested recipes, msg me any time!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:28 PM on May. 5, 2009