Anyone ever dx with blighter ovum

Blightedovum is where embryo never developes in gestational sac. Daughter is 6 weeks pg. with nothing in sac.

mimilinda

Asked by mimilinda at 10:19 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry that this is happening to your daughter. That is what happened with my second m/c, they found out at my 8wk appt. I had prematurely "celebrated" mother's day and the week after found that out and they scheduled me for a D&C the next day. The procedure is simple enough, but they told me to wait 3 mo before trying again; but by that time we were too depressed to think about that. We waited 8 mo, and now our oldest is 5.
    My sympathies are with you and your daughter.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 11:41 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes, I have had that happen to me twice. I was able to pass both naturally with out a d&c and did not find out until 9-10 weeks into it. As long as she is not running a fever her risk of infection is low. Please also look at this site though before considering a d&c becasue a blighted ovum is also a misdiagnois in a lot of cases. http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 12:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• At six weeks all they could see with me was a sac also. Wait a week or two more and try again. By 7 1/2 weeks we could see the baby AND the heart beat. GOOD LUCK!!
    ciejsgirl

Answer by ciejsgirl at 12:32 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes!! I myself was diagnosed with one in 2005. And then a MC later in 2005. :(
    MariaB77

Answer by MariaB77 at 12:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think 6 weeks is too early, I have a friend that was diagnose with one BUT she decided to wait a couple of weeks and BANG!!! there was the baby!!! I think your daughter should wait a couple of weeks, Good Luck! :)
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 1:29 PM on May. 5, 2009