what does this mean?

I had an ultrasound done today and the babies legs were crossed but the doctor said at first they thought it was a girl then they said they didnt see a sandwhich so they werent sure. Does any one know what that means? I was really upset we wanted to know what it was.

proudmama930

Asked by proudmama930 at 10:20 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think "sandwich" means the way the labia looks. Not the terminology you were expecting I am sure. Try the over the counter pee test called Intelligender. You can buy it at Walgreens and find out what you're having based on the hormones in your urine sample. Pee in the cup, close the lid on the cup, swirl (not shake) and either your specimen will turn green (boy) or orange (girl). It is supposed to take the guess work out of wondering.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2009

• He probably got a quick peek but not a really good look. I would wait until the next u/s to make sure.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 AM on May. 5, 2009

• It just means that they can't be 100% sure of the sex. Sometimes babies are stubborn like that! Did you ask if you could get another ultrasound?
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:24 AM on May. 5, 2009

• yeah i can we go back on the 3rd of next month and we can get one then so hopefully it lets us see
    proudmama930

Answer by proudmama930 at 10:30 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Sometimes our little ones like to cause trouble very early. During my 4 month ultrasound with my now almost 5 year old son, it took about 30 minutes before he uncrossed his legs enough to tell he was a boy. And I'll probably get this wrong but they say a girls genitalia resembles a sandwich and a boy resembles a hot dog in a bun....so that's what they were talking about....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:37 AM on May. 5, 2009

• it took 3 times for them to find out mine was a lil girl she just wouldnt stay still she was being stubbren like her daddy but when ur lil one is ready to come around and bare it all then u will know hopefully the lil one does whith my god child they didnt know till he was born cuz everytime they went to find out he would hide it or just wioulnt stay still long enough to see
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 10:53 AM on May. 5, 2009