• In the Spotlight:

How to refinish a table? Please help!

I got a killer deal today on a child sized table with 2 chairs...$4!! Yes it says FOUR dollars!

It needs to be sanded down and redone but I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd like to leave it natural and not paint it. Should I just sand it down and stain it...or do I need to polyurethaine (sp?) it too? Help!

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 10:24 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You need that polyurethane. It is what seals the table so that if the kids get anything on it you won't have to worry about the wood having any problems. We are currently sanding down my coffee table to that it will look pretty again.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 AM on May. 5, 2009

• We're re-doing our kitchen table. He's doing the clear coats to finish it so that it's waterproofed and stuff....but really it's up to you.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• yes sand down, stain it if you like than polyurethane as top coat or two.

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 11:16 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Hply crap I just was asking the nieghbor how to do my kitchen table.It is realy light and show every Kool-Aid stain.and the legs are white...not a good thing around my kids! Thanks for the tips ladies!
    .
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 7:34 PM on May. 7, 2009