What did Biden say about his family and the swine flu?

No drama just wanted to know why everyone was in a frenzy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• because he said something like he wouldn't want his family flying or riding in a train etc. typical foot in mouth disease for biden.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:37 AM on May. 5, 2009

• what was wrong with that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Well I watched him say it but all I heard was blah blah blah. And something about he wouldn't take the train or ride in a commercial airplane in since there are so many people in such a small space....and he wouldn't want his family to either. Something along those lines. I'm not rally sure what the big deal is...I mean, I wouldn't either. i realize that Biden is full of gaffes, in fact he's really fun to watch because he's always sticking his foot in his mouth...but I don't really see the big deal with this. I guess maybe he could have come off as spreading panic or something. i need a shower now, I feel kinda dirty taking up for him a little bit.
    Anonymous

• i don't know really. he's always putting his foot in his mouth or wording things wrongly and people always seem to go bananas. it's nothing new but since he's now the vp people expect absolute perfection from him.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:41 AM on May. 5, 2009

• yeah I have to agree I don't want my family flying or anything extra hell I'm scared to go to my sons baseball games that are not home games

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 5, 2009

• HUH!!!!! they think he spreaded panic CAN ANYONE SAY THE NEWS!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 5, 2009

• JackalsWife.....Again what was wrong with what he said.....Am I missing something here?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 5, 2009

• He said he told his family not to be in confined spaces like airplanes, trains, etc. I really can't say that I disagree with him at all. BUT I think it was all about money. If his words caused people to stay away from travel then OH NO the airlines would lose money, the train stations would lose money, and that is my opinion, it's all about the money lost. I agree with what biden said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on May. 5, 2009

• i agree with anon 10:51
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 11:22 AM on May. 5, 2009