EBF and periods?

I just started my period and my EBF daughter is only 14 weeks old! With my first, I didn't have periods the entire time I was nursing. Is this normal? I just want to make sure it isn't any indication that she is not getting enough milk or something.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:45 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, some people get it right away, and others it takes months, and even some don't get it at all until they wean.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:15 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yeah. DD was EBF and I got a period about a month and a half after she was born. It was normal like any other period I had. I havent had one since (3 months). It dont mean a thang.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I was EBF and started 5 weeks after my son was born. Apparently, I made enough breastmilk for 10 babies and since I only needed to feed 1, my period started. :)
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:01 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Just because some women have delayed periods doesn't mean ALL women will. Sometimes it works that way :(
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:01 AM on May. 5, 2009