Nursing pads...

What kind/brand do you use?? I keep waking up soaked and sometimes cant go in between feedings without feeling like I could ring out the pads to make a whole bottle full of milk! It's hard to go anywhere I need to like the grocery store or other errands. I've tried using two on each side, but that doesnt help either. Any help is appreciated!

Ness87

Asked by Ness87 at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • I'm a big time leaker too, but I usually have good luck with the Lansinoh pads.
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 10:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I use a kind from Johnson&Johnson. I leak a lot (at night) and they work great.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:55 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow, you're really producing. Umm...I didn't really have a problem with that and I always used Lansinoh brand...but the Johnson's brand is a lot thicker than the Lansinoh so I'd try those. I don't know?? Try calling a lactation consultant at your hospital, she should be able to help you!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I used those breast shells. They work so good. I would get up breast feed and while my son was nursing on one the other would fill up the shell and i would just poor it in a bottle. They were probably the best thing i could of bought.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 11:19 AM on May. 5, 2009

• If you are leaking this much you may want to check into a possible oversupply of milk. Go to http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:23 AM on May. 5, 2009

• The brand Curity (sold at walmart) is the same as lansinoh but a lot cheaper. They helped. Also, you might want to try some reusable pads and double up for night time.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:42 AM on May. 5, 2009