WHAT AGE IS TO YOUNG TO HAVE A BABY...

PLEASE BE HONEST I DONT CARE ABOUT THE RESPONSES JUST WANTED TO KNOW.

Tradonnkid1

Asked by Tradonnkid1 at 11:01 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i was 18 when i got pregnant but we lost im 19 now and we are trying. my nephew is 20 and he got aa 15 year old pregnant i know he should be in jail but hes not any way how old are you?
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 11:03 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think a teenager younger than 18 is too young given that they haven't had enough time to mature, have their own life experiences let alone maintain a self sufficient household. I realize many children now have kids of their own.

I was 25 when I had my son and looking back I think I wasn't prepared enough and I had my degree, was self sufficient, owned my own home and was well into my career.

It's different for everyone.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2009

• sorry i think under the age of 18 is too young witch 18 is young too but at lease your adult at that age
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 11:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think 18 is too young. I think 20's are a good age.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Too young is when you can't afford it, aren't emotionally mature for it, and can't handle taking care of a baby on a daily basis. There isn't really a too young..it more of a asking a few questions. Could you take care of yourself and manage bills and a household? Can you clothe, feed, and provide shelter for a newborn? Are you able to put a babies needs above your own? If you answered no to any of these, you are not ready.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Honestly I think anyone under 25 is 'too young'...for their own sakes. But anyway under 18 is just ridiculous too young. Babies do not need to be having and raising babies.

I was 21...in fact I had all 3 of mine by the age of 25, and I think it would have been better if I had waited to have them.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-20!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I think 21 is too young. But the most important thing isn't the age, it is the maturity and whether or not you have an education, a work history( being able to earn a salary and take care of yourself) and can be a responsible wife and mother. Obviously I don't believe in having children unless you are an adult and can provide the child with a stable home life.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• When you are emotionally ready to put someone else's needs before your own. I was 19 when I got pregnant and 20 when I had my first. I think it helped that DH was older than me. I couldn't have had a baby with a guy my own age at 19 or 20. Since DH was 26 it helped b/c he had been on his own for 10 yrs and was ready to settle down. I think being an older mother would be harder as you don't have the energy you do in your 20s and early 30s. Also you are more set it your ways. My son's bf's mom is the same age as my mother and I see she's a lot stricter and more no-nonsence. I'm glad that I am having my kids young as I'm 25 and 7.5 months pregnant with number 4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Anon---don't be an ass. No one around the age of 10 should be having a baby. Be realistic. I swear there is always a goober in every group.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:50 AM on May. 5, 2009